Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"The Bachelor" Finale Party

So, the Bachelor proposed last night...did anyone watch?! eeee. (that was a squeal, by the way.)

You shoulda heard the screaming in my house the moment that Chantal's limo pulled up first. We all knew that meant that she'd be the first to go...and that left Emily there with Brad. She was the one. Bittersweet moment, really. Chantal seemed to really have her heart set on Brad and as great as she was, Emily was just, well, Emily. That's hard to top.

THEN..... the "after the rose" special was heart-breaking! They are finding out that love isn't as easy as receiving the Final Rose. I guess it's a good lesson to learn, but I hope they can keep it together!

A few girlfriends and I have rotated houses most every Monday this Bachelor season.. I thought we'd end it with a big affair.

I'm sharing my party details mainly because I searched the internet high and low for "The Bachelor" themed parties and found nothing! So, here it is for you to adapt for future Bachelor seasons.

It started with invites to the ladies....

(PS...the word "suite" reads like "sweet".... I know, if I had to explain it's just not as cool. oh well.)
*also, if you'd like the Photoshop file of this invite, feel free to leave a comment with your email and I'll get it to you!


...That was shortly followed by 2 favors asked of the husbands (without the wives knowing!)

1. To plan a date for their wives in the near future and tell me what he's planning (so I could make a "date card" for each girl).

2. To show up that night in a suit right before the Final Rose Ceremony to give his wife a rose.

If you'd like an example of my email/letter to each husband, you can download it HERE.

Our guys were such good sports and the night was so fun because of them!


Decor/Food

The girls brought the "suites" and I had chips, salsa, and dip along with punch.

You can download the food table label/photo for the
Cocktail Party Punch HERE
Fantasy "suites" HERE


Game

Prior to the Finale starting, I had the girls split into teams and each team had strips of paper which had facts about both Chantal and Emily. They had to determine which fact belonged to each girl. The team with the most correct won. (I found these facts from just google searching each contestant).



...and the prize?
Yup. {seriously} They are about that big, too. I found these ginormous rings at the Christmas Tree Shops for 3 bucks a pop! ....(they are actually napkin ring holders, but just for that night they played the part of giant diamond rings).


Commercial Breaks

I quizzed the group with trivia about The Bachelor and the contestants, but the funnest part of our commercial breaks were "knocks" at my door when a DATE CARD arrived for each girl. (They came at random times all throughout the night. By "came" I mean, I tried to sneakily set them by the door and then I'd pretend to hear a knock)


Some of my favorite lines during the reading of our date cards that night:
"My card doesn't say anything about LOVE!" (quoting Michelle from this season)
"I hope I don't get on a group date...I'm not here to make friends." (quoting Michelle again)
"There's a date card, girls...eeeee! I hope it's me!" (quoting every girl in Bachelor history)

These were dates the husbands actually had planned for their wives!


And then, the time came for the Final Rose Ceremony. During the final commercial break, in came our Bachelors with roses. The girls were surprised and so excited to their suited "bachelors"!

We all graciously accepted our roses...especially considering that we were the ONLY ones getting a rose from OUR man. :)

I sent each couple home with this little item from my table decor... (found these at the Dollar Tree 10/$1) that had 2 Ring Pops (heart-shaped, in fact) in them.


We are missing a few Bachelors in this shot, but all of them were there!

What a fun night! We got two for one.... a Girls Night turned Group Date. Who's ready for next season?! (The Bachelorette premiers in May with Ashley H...)

Oh. PS. I went searching to see if anyone else had done a Finale party last night, and found this...free printables from Emilie Handmade! sweet...wish I had found them sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment