Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Melting Pot

The idea behind this date night is simple.... it's the details that will take some work.

The Idea: Make your own Melting Pot Restaurant. Eating there is very expensive. When recreating at home, it can be done very cheaply!


The Details

Invitation:

"I'm so "fondue" of you...join me this evening for a romantic fondue for two."
"You make me melt...join me this evening for a romantic fondue for two."
"If your love for me is true, then join me for fondue..."

Supplies:

  • 2-3 fondue pots (or mini-crockpots) - (borrow from friends...OR ask a newlywed couple, they surely got 5 for their wedding)
  • A nice table setting complete with candlelight (I'm talking cloth napkins, a table cloth, wine glasses, etc.)

Food:

I like to have three options, but you can simplify or expand depending on your preference. There are SO many different recipes. I'll leave that up to you. Google it.

Oil/Broth Fondue - Dipping foods: meatballs, prepare cubed meats, shrimp, scallops, vegetables, potato chunks, mozzarella sticks, (cocktail, horseradish and teriyaki sauces for dipping).

Cheese Fondue - Dipping foods: cubed french/italian bread, florets of broccoli and cauliflower, bite-sized cooked chicken, bite-size cooked ham, roasted potatoes,

Chocolate Fondue - Dipping foods: strawberries, bananas, peaches, pineapple, mango, apples, cherries, angel food cake, pound cake, cheesecake, cookies, marshmallows, pretzels
{for my chocolate fondue, I like to melt milk chocolate chips with some vegetable oil (1-2 tablespoons) to get to the consistency I like. really easy.}

Romance Helps:

  • Feed Each Other - (with the skewer, your fingers...or, your mouth...) ooh..this could get a little seductive!
  • Take turns blindfolding each other while feeding each other... Create suspense when possible.

Desiree, one of my readers, submitted this photo of the Fondue Night she put together for her hubby. Thanks, Desiree!

If you have a "Fondue Night" photo to submit, please email to ccloveactually AT gmail DOT com.

No comments:

Post a Comment