Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's About You

So often, my husband finds me working on Love Actually and he always says, "Cher, you put so much time into that blog! You could be making so much money if you just sold your ideas."

The ideas of turning this blog into a "money maker" have been tossed around again and again....but somehow I'm always led back to just continuing the way I am going.

Maybe it's lack of ambition, maybe it's fear of no recognition, maybe it's just a fun hobby that I can't seem to let go of. Or maybe I'm concerned that those who really need the ideas need them to be free! I don't know.

I do know that the real reason behind keeping up on this blog becomes very clear when I read something like this.

{posted with permission from Brittney Collado}

What is the real reason?

It isn't about the money.
It isn't lack of ambition.
It's not about the recognition.
And, I have plenty of other hobbies to keep my attention.
It's about you.

You, who want to love your spouse more. You, who have a desire to make them happy forever. It's such a simple and yet such a significant desire. It's a hard thing to do at times. And that brings you back here to get inspired and motivated.

I'm both proud and grateful for all that has come out of this blog. It is a lot of work, but worth it in every way after reading sweet comments like Brittney's and so many others of you who have sent emails and left comments.

So, thank you for being here, reading, commenting, and spreading the word about Love Actually. I hope I'll be able to continue it until ideas no longer come to mind...or at least until I get more ambitious, need some spending money, or discover a hobby more rewarding than enriching the love lives of others... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment