Monday, May 4, 2009

Think Outside the Box: Romantic Breakfast In Bed Recipes

Boxed cereal is definately the main food staple around our house. And occasionally, (usually on Saturday or Sunday mornings) it's fun to have a home-cooked breakfast. I've found that I can't go wrong with pancakes, eggs and bacon, but every now and then, I like to make something new... I have found some very tasty (and easy) recipes from some of my favorite cooking blogs and I thought I'd share them with you.

This won't be turning into a cooking blog, but good food goes hand-in-hand with romance. These recipes would be perfect for a romantic breakfast in bed on a lazy morning (if you can arrange for such a thing...).

For all of you who have lost touch with your lazy morning side (for some reason having to do with children), set your clocks early and enjoy breakfast in bed BEFORE the kids wake up.

Caramel French Toast
{It really is a sugar bomb, but sooo worth it!}


Recipe from: Mmm Cafe
(You can right click all the recipe images to save to your files)


Creamy Cinnamon Squares
{Don't those just look scrumptious? How can you resist?}


Recipe from: Gourmet Mom On The Go


Hashbrown Bacon Quiche
{Delicious!! ...breaks away from the sugary stuff. Serve with a tall glass of OJ.}



This is actually my recipe that I adapted from a ham and hashbrown casserole recipe.
The picture of it, however, is borrowed...mine doesn't have 2 layers like that one, but it looks just like it otherwise.



Strawberry French Toast
{Whoa, I think I'm drooling! This is about as romantic as you're gonna get for breakfast!}

Recipe from: My First Kitchen --with awesome instructions for even a novice french toast maker.

Below are not necessarily recipes, but ideas to spice up breakfast basics. By the way, heart-shaped food isn't just for Valentine's Day...just as your love isn't just for that day either!
So, whip out that heart cookie cutter, you're gonna need it for these:

{ Eggs In a Heart }
Just cut out a heart shape in the middle of the bread, pour in egg, and fry!



{ Fried Heart Eggs }
Click to get her instructions...they are helpful.




{ Heart-Shaped Strawberries }
This one's easy...but sometimes a visual reminder helps!



{ Heart Pancakes }
Make the pancakes like normal, then cut them out...


Bon Appetit! Oh, and don't forget to remind your love to



PS--I have linked this post to My Chihuahua Bites for her Tuesdays at the Table series to spread the bed-and-breakfast recipe love! Join in if you have a fun recipe to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment