Monday, March 23, 2009

Bad Day Box

I wish I had a picture of the box that hubby had made for me a couple of years ago...I had recently discussed with him how I didn't feel loved enough...(It was probably just a rough day). The next day, he had decorated the top of a plastic container box with scrapbook paper, bows, and had written on it "Cher's Box of Love". Inside the box were my favorite Lindor chocolates and lovey-dovey sentiments that he wrote for me. He also had some fun things that might lift my spirits. My directions were to take out only one or two items each time I needed a little extra love...this way it would last. And when it got low, he would refill it. I was touched by his thoughtfulness and even just by the fact that he used my scrapbook supplies!

Since, I don't have a picture of that, I made a box for him and created a poem for the top.



I bought this cardboard-type box at Michael's for $1 and covered it with scrapbook paper, and painted the sides of the box-top.

Here's some ideas for what to put inside:
- notes of encouragement (for a rough day)
- write the things you love the most about them
- write about a favorite memory you share together
- fun little trinkets/objects that will make them laugh (my hubby put little temporary tattoos in mine...I have no idea why...but they were fun!)
- If they are really close with their family, ask their mom/dad/siblings to write them a little note to contribute to the box
- their favorite candy/treat
- love coupon(s) (see "love coupon" post)

Make sure they know that they can take out only 1 or 2 items each time they open it---not the whole box at once! (unless you REALLY REALLY made them mad...then, let them have at it!)

Cheap, Cute, Romantic.

PS--I have linked this post over to ManicMother as my "Manic Martha Moment" contribution and to Today's Creative Blog's "Get Your Craft On Tuesday" Check them both out!


No comments:

Post a Comment