Friday, March 27, 2009

Crime & Punishment: Court in Session

I always enjoyed playing "Court" as a kid, and even now as a adult. Before moving to Boston, I taught 7th grade health and for a unit activity about "making good decisions", I set my classroom up like a court room. Each student had a role and a script, and they had a BLAST acting it out. As I was driving home, I thought about how fun it would be to make an adult version for me and the hubby.

Here's what I came up with in 3 easy steps:

1. Prepare a court summons. Give it to him in an envelope (that looks like it really came in the mail) JUST as he's leaving the house for the day. You don't want him to open it at home.
(Download the Court Summons Letter HERE)

(As he was walking out the door, I said, "Oh, hey--this came in the mail for you yesterday. Looked important so I didn't open it.")

2. Read the script to know how it's all gonna go down.

(Download the Script HERE)

3. Adapt it and Snazz it up the way that works for you!

Court Adjourned!

No comments:

Post a Comment